Getting Ready For The Spring Plant Sale

Friday, April 27, 2012



The Spring Plant Sale is fast approaching and I was really starting to fall behind, so it was time to call in the big guns. . .

 Having your kids deeply in your debt is a good thing when you need a little help.


Jesse agreed to help me out in the greenhouse, transplanting tomatoes and wave petunias.



The nice thing about having a handy guy to help out, is that they find better ways to do things. . .

These metal shelves are from my first small portable greenhouse and they are mighty useful when I need  extra space, but the gaps are a little large and smaller pots tend to slip into those gaps. It's quite annoying but. .  .    

 What can you do?

I put up with it.

Jesse on the other hand, went to work finding a solution to the problem.

60 tomatoes of various mostly heritage varieties and 25 fushia wave petunias were done Tuesday. 

I do love having a handy guy (or two) around!
Henry's going to help me get the second greenhouse up and running tomorrow so I can transplant the next batch of plants. . .
Basket stuffers. Many, many basket stuffers.

Verbena

Fushia 


Heliotrope

Of course there's a whack of other things that need to come out as well.
Only three weeks until the plant sale!

Can't wait that long?

You can also find me at the mom 2 mom sale May 12. I will have a nice selection of gift items and bedding plants as well as some fabulous hanging baskets for sale, just in time for Mother's Day.



share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply