Documenting Your Garden's Growth. . .part 2

Monday, July 23, 2012

While it's great to have pictures of individual plants as they bloom during the season, it's also important to document your garden as a whole.
This allows you to see where there may be holes in the design with regards to bloom times or even or colour combinations you hadn't intended.
 
Here are a few pictures of my front garden taken from both my front window as well as my street. . .









And then there are colour combinations gone wrong. . .

Late this past winter, I started several different perennials from seed. The majority of them came from one seed company.  Some lovely yellow black eyed susans as well as a batch of burgundy gaillardia were two of my favorites.

Only, that's not what I got.

I expect variations among seed started plants but what I got was nothing at all like the picture on the packet.

The "Goldilocks' black eyed susans had a very unpleasant double flowered mustardy bloom. Every last one. There was not one yellow flower in the bunch.

I didn't even bother to plant them, nor did anyone choose to buy them at my plant sale.

Then there was the burgundy gaillardia. . .

Which did not flower until after I had planted it all through out the front garden.

The pink, purple, and yellow front garden. . .







No place for orangy red flowers in this garden. . .

But what to do with the plants???

Wait! I know!!!

How about a give away?

I believe I planted at least six of these.

If you live in the area and would like to have one, leave a comment or send me an e-mail. I'll put your name on it and you can come and pick it up when you are able.

An overcast day that is on the cool side would be best. . .

Although, with all the rain, the garden is too wet to work at the moment, so you may have to wait until it dries up a bit.

Leave a comment and save a plant's life. . .





share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply